[vdr] Re: VDR 1.1.32 plugin compile problems...

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Andreas Schultz wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> First, your problem is/was clearly related to the autopid patch. When
> reporting errors, please make sure you report your configuration as detailed
> as possible and also test it with vanilla vdr sources.
> Klaus and the other plugin authors will most likely not be able to down track
> errors cause by random patches.
>
> On Sunday 18 May 2003 22:59, Andreas Fatum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've found the error: The Makefiles from the according plugins (see below)
> > were missing a "DEFINES += -D_GNU_SOURCE" line.
>
> _GNU_SOURCE is fine. I'm a bit surprised that error came up at all. Could
> please tell me abit more about your configuration, libc and gcc versions
> would be most helpfull.
>
> Andreas

hi,

i had the same problem yesterday.
plugins that where affected were:
VDR included:
- - hello
- - osddemo
- - sky
- - status

external (only the ones i use):
- - osdteletext
- - prefermenu
- - remote

for all plugins listed, adding a define "-D_GNU_SOURCE" solves the
problem.

the problem appears after applying the autopid patch for vdr-1.1.32.

my system is a plain RedHat-7.3
kernel: 2.4.19 (vanilla)
glibc: 2.2.5-34 (distribution)
gcc: 2.96-110 (distribution)

hope that helps to track down the problem

joerg

p.s. thanks for your hard work on the autopid stuff, it is really nice!!