[vdr] Re: Problems Recording some FTA.

> From: Gregor Lawatscheck [mailto:gpel@mpex.net]
>
> Most vdr users in Finland seem to have dxr3 and should thus have less
> problems at the moment I believe :). Transfermode or replaying certain
> recordings with a full featured card seems a bit of a gamble at the moment
> as certain bitrates in the sequence header appear to lock up the av7110.

I don't know about most users, but I do have :)

I'd say it's a little bit of gamble even with dxr3. It does crash sometimes,
luckily quite rarely and it's almost always related to using OSD. The good
news is that dxr3 plugin can recover most of the times without having to
restart vdr.

I'd say that dxr3 is an excellent value for the money, and dxr3 plugin team
has done excellent work!

I even bought a second dxr3 for the diskless vdr streamdev client machine,
but that's not in use yet.

> Are there any other problems with DVB-T in Finland at the moment which I'm
> not aware of? Luckily the large PES packet issue itself was fixed in vdr
> some time ago.

I'd say no problems, or at least nothing major here. I use DVB-T (almost)
daily.

I cannot get 100% error-free reception, but I'd say that's because of the
antenna / distance to the broadcasting station. I get between 10-100 errors
in an hour, so that's not a big deal either (as you don't notice most of
those anyway). The reception errors can however be the reason for some
problems in the hardware, I guess.

					Teemu