[vdr] Re: Sync problems on playback

Hi,

Jörg Knitter schrieb:
Hi,

sorry that I still have not updated to the latest VDR (still using VDR
1.1.26), but as I followed the list there have not been major updates
concerning the PCR and/or sync problems.
correct AFAIK vdr's code was /is clean, so why change (verschlimbessern)
the fiy happend in the driver (Oliver Endris posted that to the dvb-driver ML)

My last information was that the PCR problem did not affect playback,
just live viewing. But when I played back a recording yesterday made
no, both, mostly replay for unusual PES/GOP structures (RTL problem)
and live for sync of AUDI/VIDEO without re-tune (same transponder)

from ZDF last week, the video was not completely lip-sync. Only after
going into pause mode and then back to playback, the problem was gone.
Any comments on this?
1. if this is the only occurance most likely cause by bad data (e.g. dissorted reception/high systemload on record/replay)

2. update driver

3. update vdr, the ringbuffer stuff changed (see 1.)

Regards Onno

Jörg