[vdr] Re: Switching to channel n

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>> >If the screen remains black it sounds a bit like the deadlock problem we're
>> >seeing and trying to debug with the av7110 (see some of the other threads
>> >in which I participated). You're using transfer mode to feed the full
>> >featured card from a budget card?
>>
>> No, only one full featured cable card. Nothing "special" about the modes
>> that I kbow of, default driver and VDR behaviour.
>
>If a recording is going on and the recorded channel is watched, that will
>be done in Transfer Mode even on a single card system. So the "black screen"
>problem may well apply here.

No recording, playback nor anything else funny was going on. But this time
the image didn't "die" as it has sometimes in the past, it all continued
to work ok. But in the past VDR has required a restart in order to get the
image back. This time it just logged a few hundreds of those "switching to
channel n" messages. It's probably not critical (anymore), but it's a sign
of something being not quite ok, so I thought I'd report it.

--

   Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms