[vdr] Re: vdr near final - time for cosmetic changes?

On Tue, 20 May 2003 10:55:39 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Christoph Friederich wrote:
> >
> > hi klaus,
> >
> > is it now time for cosmetic changes in vdr? the features list seems
> > to be completed for vdr-1.2. have you thought about including some
> > of the cosmetic changes of the elchi-patch?
>
> Approaching the final 1.2.0 means there will be _no_ more changes
> except serious bugfixes - _especially_ no cosmetic changes!
>
> After version 1.2.0 my first priority will be to automatically getting
> channel data from the stream (that's what Andreas Schultz has already
> started in his autopid patch) and then maybe making the whole OSD
> stuff more "virtual", so that a plugin can take complete control over
> the actual appearance of the whole OSD. That's where the "elchi" patch
> can go in then as a plugin, because I strongly believe that whatever
> "cosmetic" changes I may do, there will always be some leftover stuff
> that will cause yet another patch...

Do you think it will be possible to have something like OSD-widgets
and/or skinnable/themeable UI for vdr and plugins in _the future_ ?
I would like to have a way to personalize VDR appeareance without
bothering the Author for that :)

> Please forgive me for setting my priorities to functionality rather
> than beauty.

... usability IS functionality :)

Bye,
   ANgelus.