[vdr] Re: Not all RC-5 keys are recognized by the Hauppauge Nexus built-in IR-receiver

bruce14@gmx.net wrote:
> > > However the keys having RC-5 codes ending in 01xx do not
> > > lead to any response whatsoever.
> > > Am I still missing something obvious here?
> >
> > Maybe these keys do not send rc5 codes. The Hauppauge receiver
> > accepts rc5 only, while lirc accepts virtually any protocol.
>
> thanks for your reply!  This is strange, because these keys are
> supported by the standard RC-5 config file from lirc.org. The
> following shows a small section of it:
>
> The keys vcr1-0 to vcr1-9 work with the hauppauge receiver
> whereas the other do not. LIRC does recognize all keys using
> exactly this config file.

Sorry, if you really want to know whether these keys emit RC5 or not,
you have to check the codes with an oscilloscope.

The firmware should pass all RC5 codes to the driver. If you pass the
debug option 'av7110_ir_debug=1' to the driver, you will see every key
code which arrives in the driver.

Oliver