[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: vbv delay/buffer overflows on VBR statmux

Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> At 21:30 20/05/2003, you wrote:
> > > It simply patches the bit_rate in the sequence header to 15 MBit.
> > > Works fine here.
> >
> >I just tried this with a recording of today's "Quarks & Co" and I'm afraid
> >this patch somehow causes video glitches. There is at least one place where
> >I have picture distortions with the patch that are not there without it.
>
> What if you set it to 0x00 0x00 or 0xff 0xff? Maybe we need to find a value
> where the RTSL can't rely on the data passed to it and has to fall back on
> other data to demux.

I'm afraid I can't do that today, because my VDR is recording...

> >If it helps I can cut out a minute or so around the glitch and make it
> >available
> >for download.
>
> That could be useful thx.

The file is at ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/test.tar (ca. 8MB).
The recording contains two marks. The first one indicates
a glitch that was either in the original material or happened
during recording - it is visible with both patched and unpatched
driver (just mentioned it to not put you on the wrong track).

The second mark is around the position where the picture is shortly
distorted. Maybe I didn't mark the exact point, so please just let
the replay run and be ready to see the glitch around the second mark.

Also note that if you try moving the marks with the patched driver
you don't get clean still frames, while with the unpatched driver
this works.

Sorry for the bad news...

Klaus