[vdr] Re: About the HTTP-problems with STREAMDEV-plugin

Am Die, 2003-05-20 um 23.01 schrieb Sascha Volkenandt:

> Well I guess that makes it thrown out - anyway did you try TS streaming
> (VDR-to-VDR) yet? ;)))

Yes. That for I'm blocking a PCI-slot (USB 2.0-controller removed) with
a 250 Eur expensive DVB-S just to grab the picture from the V4L.

It works fine (didn't test EPG, yet), but after switching to an
unavailable channel (e.g. scrambled one) screen is black and I have to
restart VDR on the server to get it working again (VDR on the server
works fine, but no picture on the client).

But I like the way to watch liveTV with MPlayer and streamdev-plugin
much more - especially with my patch for vdradmin it is handy.

What I don't like with the VDR-VDR-solution is the need of additional
hardware (loading DVB-driver -> starting vdr -> starting KVDR).

Rene

P.S.: The only reason I see to keep MPEG-PES is the bandwith, as the TS
has 25-40 MBit/s and the demuxed PES has 3-4 MBit/s. So TS could burst
the network, but it seems to be more reliable.