[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] xmltv2vdr-1.0.5

Hi,

xmltv2vdr version 1.0.5 has now been released on the VDR FTP site. This
tool allows EPG information to be read from the xmltv site which carries
listings for Germany, Finland, US, New Zealand, UK and Sweden/Norway

This is helpful if you cannot get much information from your DVB stream.
Full instructions are included in the tar file.

It can be found at: -

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Tools/xmltv2vdr-1.0.5.tar.gz

Fixes since the last version include: -

2003-05-18: Version 1.0.4 (unreleased)

- Problem with options fixed
- Changes incorporated from Erik Günther ("I did find out that VDR ignores
  extra  information on a line so adding xmltv-info at the end of the line
  works fine. The problem was that xmltv2vdr.pl expected that all lines in
  input ether to have a xmltv extention or was not an header line.  I also
  added an new option -t for changing the timeout. This was for my machine
  a P3 600 was to slow and wasn't done in time. So now I can specify -t
  600 for 600s)
- Fixed problems with the "expected SVDRP code 250, but received 451 at
  ./xmltv2vdr.pl line 56" error.
- Added extra flag, -v to show warning/debug messages

2003-05-19: Version 1.0.5

- Added simulation mode option (-s) for debugging. This does not send info
  to SVDRP, but prints all commands it would sent to stdout.
- Fixed problem for satellite users not getting information into VDR.
  Problem was that the frequency is not chopped to three digits like
  terrestrial.

Please let me know any comments or problems,

Regards

Morph

http://www.star.net.uk

http://www.star.net.uk