[vdr] Re: what causes cTS2PES errors?

I wonder what (hardware or software) causes that error messages:

cTS2PES got 3 TS errors, 16 TS continuity errors
cTS2PES got 0 TS errors, 7 TS continuity errors
cTS2PES got 1 TS errors, 13 TS continuity errors

I get them with a WinTV Nova Budget card while recording. It seems that
it is not related to a specific channel.

Normaly this happens because of bad signal quality. If you got a satelite
DVB you maybe should  check the correct posistion of the dish. If you got
After reading more about the problem and that it is normally related to too long cables and aligned of the dish I decided to upgrade my sat system. So I've changed my sat system from a CAS 90 -> UAS 485 -> WinTV Nova Budget to CAS 90 -> UAS 485 -> EXR 5016 -> WinTV Nova Budget. The dish is also realigned. Now with more outputs I've done the following.

a) Computer A with 2x WinTV NovaS is recording Pro7 and RTL. There are no errors logged and the resulting mpeg file plays without problem.

b) Computer B with 2x WinTV Nova Budget is recording Pro7 and RTL at the same time as computer A. After that I got cTS2PES got 0 TS errors, x TS continuity errors. X is different all the time. The mpeg file is visible but there are sound glitches and sometime even small picture problems.

So I assume that the TS stream is good since computer A has now problems while recording. The cable length from the EXR 5016 to computer a and b are approx. 15m to computer A and 20m to computer B. The only difference between A and B is the antenna cable and the WinTV cards. I think the cables are ok (data sheet see below). So my question is again: "what else causes cTS2PS errors?"

The following cables are used:

UAS 486 -> 10m SKB96 from Axing -> EXR 5016
EXR 5016 -> 15m SKB96 from Axing -> Computer A
EXR 5016 -> 20m Noname -> Computer B

SKB96 = Dämpfung 2050 MHz 29 dB / 90db Schirmung / 100m / Innenleiter 1.13mm
Noname = Dämpfung 2050 MHz 30.8 dB / 100db Schirmung / 100m / Innenleiter 1.1mm

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de