[vdr] Re: what causes cTS2PES errors?

Claas Hilbrecht wrote:

[ ...]
> So I assume that the TS stream is good since computer A has now problems
> while recording. The cable length from the EXR 5016 to computer a and b are
> approx. 15m to computer A and 20m to computer B. The only difference
> between A and B is the antenna cable and the WinTV cards. I think the
> cables are ok (data sheet see below). So my question is again: "what else
> causes cTS2PS errors?"

I experience those errors depending on the load:
If I do recordings only from one card I get no errors at all.
If I do recordings from two cards I get few cTS2PS errors (about 3 to 4 per
hour
mainly from the second card)
If I record from all 4 cards I get cTS2PS errors from all cards at a rate
of over 10 and up to 40 cTS2PS errors per card

regards
Wolfgang