[vdr] Re: black screens...any hint?

At 14:35 22/05/2003, you wrote:
well.... i feel good.... that i am not alone with this problem ;)

noe i dont have the autopid patch installed.... and the box was running for
severall months without trouble...
This could be an entirely different problem but we've been looking into this quite recently. Turns out some recordings don't get played / transfermode won't work and quite possibly live view doesn't work in rare circumstances on the av7110 because the video memory allocated in the firmware is a little bit too small. Ralph Metzler wrote over on linux-dvb he's had success playing back all streams in question with a 230 k buffer rather than the current 210 k buffer.

The fairly stable 0.9.4 firmware is supposed to have had a buffer over 230 k but I haven't really managed to run a 0.9.4 firmware (Jan 2002) with the current driver. Are there certain options in vdr that can be switched off to make it work with DVB-s?

Hold out guys, I hope we're seeing a new firmware with a bigger vid mem soon to fix these kind of problems.