[vdr] Re: MPLAYER plugin + hardware mpeg decoder

Am Don, 2003-05-22 um 18.02 schrieb Daniel Sáez Domingo:
> Hello
>
> 2.- Does mplayer+mpegpes really use the dvb card mpeg hardware decoder?
> If I play an avi file in the first dvb card with mplayer and a dvd in
> the second card, the mplayer replay is very slow. Why?

There is no other way than using the MPEG-decoder of the card as
DVB-cards can only handle MPEG1/2 and no raw-video.

If you play an avi-file, MPlayer will reencode the video/audio into
MPEG1-video and MPEG2-layer2-audio. That may be the reason the system
slows down.

Rene