[vdr] Re: black screens...any hint?

At 18:39 22/05/2003, you wrote:
Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone managed to run current drivers with a 0.9.4
> firmware and DVB-s. I though maybe switching off timeshifting and
> stuff could make it work but I guess that firmware is just too
> outdated.

What's the problem?
- replace Root
- replace Dpram
- make clean
- make

If you try transfer mode with one card the firmware will crash.
So you should disable
  #define DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE 1
  #define DO_MULTIPLE_RECORDINGS 1
in dvbdevice.
OK thanks for clearing this up for me.

IMHO the old firmware is far more unstable than the recent one.
Old firmware combined with new drivers - that's true. That's more unstable than new drivers and new firmware. At least in transfermode Old drivers and old firmware seems more stable than new drivers and new firmware - however it's true that the old firmware seems to love to crash on bad reception with DVB-s.

Anyway of course a new firmware that also worked with DVB-T in the UK would be the best solution. I'll ask over on linux-dvb about it. I was merely wondering if anyone was running new drivers and old firmware in a semi-stable setup with DVB-s.