[vdr] Re: Buffer Overflow because of cReceiver-Threads lockingeach other

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
Rene Bartsch wrote:

A cReceiver is supposed to accept the data offered in a call to its
Receive() function _immediately_, and return without any unnecessary
delay. It's the duty of the derived cReceiver class to implement any
kind of buffering it might need.
Didn't you say that you don't want plugins to have access to critical areas of VDR? I think this is a very critical area if a plugin can break the stream and maybe make recordings corrupt (I'll check the influence on recordings this weekend). So VDR should provide a solution. This might simply be a cReceiver-template with a MPEG-fixing buffer, which can be used by the plugin-developers for implementing their plugin.

Rene