[vdr] Re: Bug in VDR - yes- digital audio output

> Hi,
>
> > > Will you be changing the way Mute is handled by VDR? As I wrote
> >
> > This seems to be one of those political errors.  I personally think
> > that no volume actions (including mute) should change the output
> > on the SPDIF since you are handing the digital processing over to
> > an external system, so should you be handing the volume
> > changing.
>
> Hmm, well, we differ here ;o)) As VDR provides a mute
> function "I" think it should mute all audio outputs.
I totally agree with you - however i don't know if "muting" the spdif is
really possible without some workaround like bypassing the audio:
AFAIK the spdif of the card is hard wired - so any audio signal from live
stream is put out to the cards spdif. Maybe for muting  VDR must "tune" to a
channel without audio pid - but this would be a rather "unclean" workaround.
Don't get me wrong: I'm using the spdif out, too and would really like a
working mute function ! - however if it breaks something because the design
of the card/drivers doesn't allow this feature - just let it be ...

Just my 2 cents,

Martin