[vdr] Re: Discless vdr

Would it be a solution for you to replace the hard drive with a compact
flash card? So you remove the noisy hard drive but have a regular boot
device, even if you move your vdr box to friends to show them your
little baby or if your network is not available for some reason ...

That is the way i choose to build my dvb box with a Epia 5000.

You need than a image for a ramdrive, because you can't use the CF card
as a normal disk, because it has limited write cycles ...

Oliver