[vdr] Re: For VDR-1.2.0: VDR should disable broken cards

> Gunnar Roth wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> > last thursday we had heavy raining in our area, together with lighning
and
> > thunder.
> > vdr began suddenly to restart over and over again, because it could get
no
> > antenna signal anymore.
> >
> > the problem is, i was looking a recording that time,  had no need for an
> > antenna signal;-)
> > but couldnt view  my recordings for that reason.
> >
> > i propose to add a setup option to stop vdr from restarting in the
described
> > case.
> >
> > this would also be an option for the broken card problem.
>
> Are you sure that there wasn't a recording going on during that time?
>
> Klaus

You are right i did the timeshift thing. and it was friday not thursday ;)
But fact is that vdr restarted over and over again, maybe it should somehow
detect that
it will not succeed sometime.
If i have no reception from my dish because of the weahter condition , i
still want to be able do view some of my recordings, use the plugins etc.

regards,
gunnar