[vdr] Re: For VDR-1.2.0: VDR should disable broken cards

Gunnar Roth wrote:

> > Gunnar Roth wrote:
> > >
> > > hello,
> > > last thursday we had heavy raining in our area, together with lighning
> and
> > > thunder.
> > > vdr began suddenly to restart over and over again, because it could get
> no
> > > antenna signal anymore.
> > >
> > > the problem is, i was looking a recording that time,  had no need for an
> > > antenna signal;-)
> > > but couldnt view  my recordings for that reason.
> > >
> > > i propose to add a setup option to stop vdr from restarting in the
> described
> > > case.
> > >
> > > this would also be an option for the broken card problem.
> >
> > Are you sure that there wasn't a recording going on during that time?
> >
> > Klaus
>
> You are right i did the timeshift thing. and it was friday not thursday ;)
> But fact is that vdr restarted over and over again, maybe it should somehow
> detect that
> it will not succeed sometime.
> If i have no reception from my dish because of the weahter condition , i
> still want to be able do view some of my recordings, use the plugins etc.

Well, if you were in timeshift mode then there was a recording going on.
If there is no more data coming in, what do you suggest VDR should do?
Of course you can disable the code that initiates the "emergency exit".
Maybe this improves things - but please don't complain if your recording is
broken then.

Klaus