[vdr] Re: For VDR-1.2.0: VDR should disable broken cards

> Gunnar Roth wrote:

> > and
> > no

> > described

> > > Are you sure that there wasn't a recording going on during that time?
> > >
> > > Klaus
> >
> > You are right i did the timeshift thing. and it was friday not thursday
;)
> > But fact is that vdr restarted over and over again, maybe it should
somehow
> > detect that
> > it will not succeed sometime.
> > If i have no reception from my dish because of the weahter condition , i
> > still want to be able do view some of my recordings, use the plugins
etc.

> Well, if you were in timeshift mode then there was a recording going on.
> If there is no more data coming in, what do you suggest VDR should do?
> Of course you can disable the code that initiates the "emergency exit".
> Maybe this improves things - but please don't complain if your recording
is
> broken then.
Of course sometimes an emergency exit is really neccessary to continue a
recording, i already had this situation. but a continuous restarting  of vdr
will not do me a favour if i want to only replay something. the situation
arises only for bad weather conditions, where my other digital receiver gets
no signal too( it is in the sleeping room , while my vdr is connected to the
tv in the living room by a long cable coming from abiove the roof)

i would propose that vdr does only restart once, than wait a few (5)
minutes, if the user starts a replay and if he does doenst bother the user
by restarting. restarting is continued if no replay or other plugin which
uses a cDevice is active, maybe a warning is issued on the osd from time to
time that no signal could be received. this behaviour should be a setup
option.

any other ideas from anyone?

reards,
gunnar