[vdr] Re: For VDR-1.2.0: VDR should disable broken cards

Hallo,

> What I think VDR should do is:
>
> - on an EPG scan: simply ignore channels that don't deliver any data
>   (this would also prevent a current recording from becoming messed
>   up just because the EPG scan fails --> I'd rather have no EPG data
>   than a junked recording)

I Agree here.

> - For other restarts: a counter for maximum retries. If we have more
>   than one recording set and for some reason it fails to tune, the others
>   become unwatchable because VDR is always restarting. Here, too,
>   the less worse case is preferable. I'd rather miss one recording (with
>   my mod I can always scan for additional starting times ;o)) than have
>   all planned or running recordings totally "hacked up".

I agree here too. If the card that fails does not have a recording running
and the other has one active, then VDR should do nothing. If no recordings
are active then a max-restart-counter would be nice.

On one-card systems this could be handled different than on multiple-card
systems.

Greetings
Christian