[vdr] Re: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Hallo,

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> >> Ok, I believe I found it: the problem (at least here) only occurs
> >> if I switch into "Pause live video" mode and _immediately_ press
> >> "Play" or "Pause". Apparently there isn't enough data in the recording
> >> yet to continue replay, so the player believes the file is at its end
> >> and stops.
> >>
> >> Please try this patch, which will force a few seconds of waiting after
> >> pausing live video, so the recording's file can fill up somewhat.
> >> There may be a cleaner solution, but that would probably involve
> >> modifications in the player, which I can't do for the final 1.2.0
> >> any more. Simply waiting a few seconds here seems to be an acceptable
> >> workaround.
>
> This improves the situation somewhat, but doesn't fix it completely.
>
> With plain vdr 1.1.33 I can reproduce it every time I press
> "Pause"/"Play".
>
> With this one-liner it works approx. every second try. It seems that it
> is likely to work if I wait a bit longer before pressing "Play". This
> doesn't help with the vanilla 1.1.33.

I haven't had time to try your fix (or watch TV at all) but I will try to
find time tonight !

This also might lead to the solution. IIRC there was a small bug in
replaying Recordings. If I replayed a recording that was still recording
(fx. timeshift) and then winded forward to the end I had trouble if I got
past the last 5 or 6 seconds, then the replay was "stumbeling". I tried this
in VDR 1.1.33 and it has been fixed, it is not possible to wind to the last
5-6 seconds. I am not sure in which version that is was done, but that could
explain the trouble I am getting. When I did my tests with VDR 1.1.31-33 I
waited 4-5 seconds, but if VDR somehow thinks the recording is at its end
then maybee I have to wait longer than the proposed 3 seconds. I will test
that too.

Greetings
Christian