[vdr] Re: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Hi,

b.t.w. of course i love your work !

BTW: are there any downsides of VFAT=1? Or is there any reason this is
not standard?

The reason why this is not "standard" is that it is just a workaround for
Windows. Linux can well handle all the characters that are mapped to
#xx for Windows. So I see no reason why the "standard" should be what's
needed by a broken OS ;-)
Hey ho hossa, its not only that "broken of an OS", but a lot of transport file systems don't support these characters too, and
i doubt that you have that tons of gigabytes to store everything on hard disk, so at one time or another one will want to use reccmds.conf,
and this really gets very annoying, when scripts do abort, due to the
magic chars used in recording names (') is my anti favorite.
"mplayer -identify" output also is _very_ hard to parse sometimes.

but that's just my 2cents
Klaus
Regards Onno