[vdr] Re: BUG in Broken stream detection ??

Hi Klaus,

> Version 1.1.33 with driver 2003-05-24 runs rock solid here.
>
> I just spent a whole evening watching old and new recordings, doing
> time shift and skipping forward/back and doing fast forward
> and back - without
> the slightest problem.
>
> My primary device is a Siemens DVB-S 1.3, and the secondary
> device is a WinTV NOVA-S.
> Could it be that those amoung oyu who report problems have
> DVB-C or DVB-T cards?
> Just an idea, no real reason for asking...

To say rock solid, the system has to run at least 3 - 5 days without
a restart. :-)
My VDR (1.1.28 with dvb-20030523) restarts at the beginning of about
every third recording :-(
For me this is not a big problem, because this never happens if there is
already a recording running and a second one starts.
I use VDR since 0.65 and my most stable installation was 1.0.4 with
that mega patch applied. Since that my system is not that stable
anymore and I know for sure that my hardware is OK.
My setup is:  - DVB-S 1.3 and DVB-S 2.1 both already changed
		  - Suse 8.1/2.4.19
		  - P4 2,4 GHz/512 MB/640 GB

No idea why this happens here.

Tilo

ps.: Klaus, this destroyed recording only happen, if there is no user
activity
     for some time (EPG scan is already disabled !!)