[vdr] Re: BUG in Broken stream detection ??

Christian Jacobsen wrote:

> Hallo Klaus,
>
> > My primary device is a Siemens DVB-S 1.3, and the secondary device is a
> > WinTV NOVA-S.
> > Could it be that those amoung oyu who report problems have DVB-C or DVB-T
> > cards?
> > Just an idea, no real reason for asking...
>
> I have a DVB-s rev. 1.6 as Primary and a Nova-s as Secondary and I have got
> Problems.
> Unfortunatly my previous Rev. 1.3 was broken and is now sent to repair - and
> I will get a Rev. 1.6 back they said. So no chance to test with Rev. 1.3.
> Maybee it is a Rev. Problem ?
>
> Here my results of Timeshift tests.
>
> Hardware/Software :
> Acer MB
> PIII 933
> 128MB RAM
> 1 DVB-s rev. 1.6
> 1 Nova-s
> Suse 8.0
> LIRC remote control
>
> CONDITIONS OF TESTS
> - All tests are made on FTA channels.
>
> VDR 1.1.31 +  + dvb 2003-27-04
> Seven tests - all OK
>
> VDR 1.1.32 +  + dvb 2003-27-04
> Seven tests - 5 OK and 2 not OK
>
> VDR 1.1.31 +  + dvb 2003-27-04
> Seven tests - 7 not OK

Is this correct, or should this be VDR 1.1.33??
If it is 1.1.33 then it would definitely appear that something has
gone south between 1.1.31 and 1.1.33, since you have always used
the same driver...

If, after the above sequence, you go back to VDR 1.1.31 (without reloading
the driver), does it work again in every case? What I would like to find
out by this is whether version 1.1.33 somehow "taints" the driver...

> With 1.1.33 I twice had a small problem replaying the recording. After
> selecting the current-timeshift-recording and pressing RED it "went black" -
> means the recording was not played. When I pressed OK it showed me that it
> was at time 00:01 after pressing FastForward it then replayed fine !?
> Someone elese noticed this ? Maybe it has something to do with the Problem
> we have here.

See my other posting in this thread.

Klaus