[vdr] Re: BUG in Broken stream detection ??

Hi again,

> Well, you already answered your own question: live viewing is
> done directly on
> the primary device (unless it needs Transfer Mode), and
> recording is done on
> the second device. Being able to view a channel on the
> primary device doesn't
> necessarily mean that the same (or any other channel) can be
> received on the
> second device, since maybe the many channel switches done by
> the EPG scanner
> have irritated the driver so that it needs a relaod.

My VDR can receive very chanel on both cards, and even if I swap
cards or cable this happens. Maybe I shall disable EPG scans for
a test, but is it possibe to change this broken stream procedure,
so that VDR does not restart immediately but retunes the channel
one or two times bevor giving up and doing an emergency exit ?
Where can I find the apropriate code ?

> I tried this (even killed VDR with 'kill -9' to prevent it
> from doing any
> cleanup) but the recording was continued just fine. Sure
> there was a small
> glitch at the place where the restart happened, but that's to
> be expected.

Found this one in another posting, maybe this is the same problem
and a solution for it:

>> This is why I said it's a priority problem. VDR should first make
>> sure the CAM is ready to decrypt before launching any kind of
>> recording action (even if this means the timer should have
>> already started as would.be the case after a Em-Exit & Restart)

> The same problem occours here, but ive made a workaround for me. It could
> possible help you. This patch deactivates the initiation of a timer for 30
> seconds after restart of vdr.

Tilo