[vdr] Re: VDR Bug: Question on CAM behavior

Hi Andreas, Klaus,

>> This is why I said it's a priority problem. VDR should first make
>> sure the CAM is ready to decrypt before launching any kind of
>> recording action (even if this means the timer should have
>> already started as would.be the case after a Em-Exit & Restart)

>The same problem occours here, but ive made a workaround
> for me. It could possible help you. This patch deactivates the
> initiation of a timer for 30 seconds after restart of vdr.

@Andreas:

Yes, this is exactly what I was suggesting to do ;o)) I would even
go one step further and make this a setup variable, so that each
user can fine tune the system for their specific CAM and needs.
Good work!

 @Klaus:

Please have a look at the change. IMHO this really should be
integrated into VDR as it does prevent the instant restart of
VDR in case of an Em-Exit w/o hampering the Em-Restart
function of VDR.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---