[vdr] Re: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Juri Haberland wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Juri Haberland wrote:

> >> Doesn't change anything. Roughly every second attempt works (even with
> >> 15 seconds delay).
> >
> > Could it be that you have modified the buffer size in the recorder or player?
>
> Nope, as I wrote: plain vanilla vdr-1.1.33 w/ your patch.
>
> > I can't see why after such a long delay it would stop by itself.
> >
> > Well, I'll incorporate the sleep(3) into 1.2.0, but I'm afraid that's
> > all I can do. Since it clearly fixes the problem here and I can't think
> > of anything else that might cause the observed effect on your system,
> > theres nothing else I can do - unless you can come up with another fix.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know much about C++. Any hints how to debug this?

Maybe you could investigate around the cDvbPlayer and cNonBlockingFileReader
to see under what exact conditions it decides to stop replaying. Look for
places where 'eof` or 'end of file' is mentioned and maybe throw in
a few printf() statements that print informaiton to stdout from which we
could determine why it suddenly stops.

Klaus