[vdr] No TV image, OSD Ok

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a VDR. I'm using a Hauppauge Nova S card and
a Creative DXR3. The software I'm using has the versions
- kernel 2.4.18
- linux-dvb.2003-05-24.tar.bz2
- em8300-0.13.0.tar.gz + the patch from the dxr3 package (failed to apply in
parts)
- vdr-1.1.33.tar.bz2 (also tried .32)
- vdr-dxr3-0.1.9.tgz + the patch from
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2003/05-2003/msg01268.html

Everything compiled fine and I do see the OSD on the TV screen when I start
./vdr -Pdxr3. What I don't see is the TV image. I don't have sound, either. I
believe that the Nova S card does get the Sat signal because when I try to
switch to a Premiere channel, it says "Channel not available!", while I can
switch to other channels.

I have tried 3 different em8300 microcodes extracted from the DXR3 driver CD.
One of them failed to upload, the remaining two are uploaded.

Does anybody know what might be wrong or what I can do to debug this problem?

Michael