[vdr] Re: Boot from USB-stick

Hi,

> anyone successful in booting Linux & VDR from a USB 2.0 Stick (harddisk
> only for data)?
> Is that even a good idea?

even though that would be nice I have not heard yet of a way to boot off USB
devices since to my knowledge there is no bios that can directly access USB.
I might be wrong though.

You might want to have a look at those IDE Compact Flash adapters though. They
will give you a CF based solid state disk that is completely IDE compatible.
I have not used them myself but they are very popular with the mini itx
folks.

Regards,

Richard