[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:06:59 +0200, "Tilo Renkl" <tilo@diredare.de>
wrote:

> because nobody seems to have an appropriate solution for that
> "unknwon picture type / error in data stream"-problem, I wrote
> a little bash-script to analyse /var/log/messages and do a
> restart in case that error occurs:
>
> while true; do
>   tail -f --lines=1 /var/log/messages | ( grep -m1 "ERROR: unknown picture
> type" && killall -9 vdr )
> done
>
> Just start that script in background.
> IMPORTANT: I only get this message at the beginning of a recording,
> so a restart at that time is, let's say, OK :-]

And what is with the recordings concurrently done on the other 3 cards?
:(

I have found out that it isn't necessary to reload the DVB driver to fix
the problem. It just is necessary to stop and start the recording again,
maybe a few times. So the better solution seems to be to recognize this
situation in the recording thread and stopping and starting it again.

Emil