[vdr] Re: Hint for compiling VDR against the 2.6 in-kernel DVB driver

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 07:39:01PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Maik Zumstrull wrote:

> > > All references to device.h in VDR's source are written as
> > >
> > >   #include "device.h"
> > >
> > > so I would expect the compiler to use the _local_ file instead of
> > > a file with the same name that happens to be located in the include
> > > path.
> >
> > I'd expect that, too. All I can say is: My compiler didn't, I don't know
> > why, and the Makefile change fixed it.
>
> Maybe a compiler bug?

Linux kernel does not have _any_ include file directly in include/.  All
include files reside in subdirectories.  device.h, which is in include/linux/
cannot be found even with a broken compiler, when not refering it as
linux/device.h.  So this seems to be more a broken installation than a broken
compiler/application/whatever.

Maik, if you could show the command line with which the compiler is invoked,
we might be able to tell you what the problem is here.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de