[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

Am Mittwoch 03 September 2003 21:14 schrieben Sie:
> list@bernlochner.de(Harald Bernlochner)  03.09.03 14:29
>
> Once upon a time Harald Bernlochner shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have the  "ERROR: unknown picture type" problem too, with
> >vdr-1.2.2 and vdr-1.2.25pre1 and driver linux-dvb.2003-08-01.
> >
> >My system is suse 8.2, just upgraded from a 1 year running 7.3 (with
> >running vdr-1.0.4 with no problems), I have 2 Rev 1.3 Cards in my
> >system, DMA is activated.
>
> I have a debian 3.0 unchanged... 1.2.2
> 2 full feature cards 1000MHz Celeron, 386MB RAM.
>
> log: 3 12:01:00 [1366]: cTS2PES got 1 TS errors, 1 TS continuity errors
snip . . .
> log.0: 2 22:16:38 [2859]: cTS2PES got 4 TS errors, 1 TS continuity errors
> log.0: 2 22:16:38 [2859]: cTS2PES got 6 TS errors, 1 TS continuity errors
> log.0: 2 23:01:00 [2859]: cTS2PES got 14 TS errors, 17 TS continuity errors
> log.0: 2 23:01:00 [2859]: cTS2PES got 0 TS errors, 2 TS continuity errors
>
> Thoses Message seems to occur when more than one timer is running.
> (At 20:59 two timers became aktive/ends recording.)
>
> >I found a strange behavior: I have a 5-Day Timer of "Dr. Frank" at
> >RTL, at 10:00 in the morning. The last 2 days I lost that recording
> >due to "unknown picture type" errors. Both times it was the first
> >recording in the morning. The other recordings on the day had no
> >problems (I think I did a restart after that).
>
> Never had that. (Except very long time ago...)
>
> But: I have the Single-LNB patch.
> Maybe you have a problem with your mux?

What do you mean wit "mux"?
I use a plain vdr without any plugins or patches.

At the today's recording of "Dr. Stefan Frank", vdr did an emergency exit
with "ERROR: video data stream broken" and everything was fine.

@Klaus:
                               ---------------------------------
>                            }

> Well, I wouldn't want to make this a general feature, since an occasional
> error like this shouldn't cause a restart.

I ask me, how serious the "ERROR: unknown picture type" is and why the
default behavior is only an error message, altough if there are many of these
errors at a recording, the recording is completely corrupted and a restart
would solve that.

I applied the the patch, but maybe it is possible, to add a counter, which
measures the number of this errors and made only an emergency exit, if  there
are too many of them at a recording (because as you see, with heavily zapping
one of this errors occours and there was nothing serious else).

Harald