From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Frank Scherthan
Sent: 05 September 2003 10:15
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: DXR3 and VDR and RH9

Gavin Hamill wrote:
> It doesn't cover the Dxr3 setup, for which you should use the .rpms
rather
> than building from source, as RedHate's kernel is broken in RH9
Using not the CVS-Version of the em8300-driver will lead to a lot of
hangs and crashes of the DXR3. This will make a VDR with DXR3 pretty
unusable. If there is a rpm that isn't older than a month or so, that's
fine, but using version .12 or .13 isn't a good idea (Latest CVS has
some patches from the DXR3-Plugin authors!).
I'd rather would switch my Distro, than using NON CVS-em8300 driver...

Frank

as subject.