[vdr] lirc with zapway receiver

Hi,

I know that this is probably off-topic, but I do not have signed on for a
whole lot of mailling lists.

I have trouble getting my zapway IR receiver (www.zapway.de) working with
lirc-0.6.6 (self-compile on SuSE 8.2 with vdr-1.2.2).

With lirc I did:

	./configure --with-driver=serial
	make
	make install

then (according to
http://www.linux-user.de/ausgabe/2001/12/060-vdr-2/vdr-2.html)

	setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
	modprobe lirc_serial

/var/log/messages says:

	lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver

which is correct.

But when I start irrecord as user root it says:

	43# irrecord -f /etc/lircd.conf

	irrecord -  application for recording IR-codes for usage with lirc

	Copyright (C) 1998,1999 Christoph Bartelmus(lirc@bartelmus.de)

	irrecord: could not get hardware features
	irrecord: this device driver does not support the new LIRC interface
	irrecord: make sure you use a current version of the driver
	irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check
permissions)

lircd is not running. Where is the problem? Please help me out.

Matthias