[vdr] OT: pointerproblem programming a patch

Hi,

sorry for offtopic, but I know many of you can programm and it's for a
patch of vdr, so please forgive me this :)

In my menu.c i added:

[...]

int torsten;
torsten=1;
Add(new cMenuEditIntItem( tr("Torsten"),&torsten,0, 10));

[...]

eOSState cMenuTestRecording::ProcessKey(eKeys Key)
{
  eOSState state = cOsdMenu::ProcessKey(Key);
	if (Key == kOk) {
		/* Start renaming */
		myRecording->test(&torsten);
		state = osEnd;
	}
  return state;
}

in recording.h i added:
const char cRecording::test(int *testInt){
}

But when i access testInt in my method, i always get false values.
It looks for me, that this varable is un-initialised, the values are
switching between -some thousands and +some thousands.

Has anyone an idea where i made the mistake? :/

Greetings

	Torsten