[vdr] Re: vdr crashes with mplayer plugin

Hi,

i tried three different mplayer.sh - scripts. The one included in mp3-plugin from muempf.de, then the one mentioned on hubertus` site
and another one from http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/mplayer.sh/.
Tried to recompile mplayer with correct options. Always the same. I choose a file in the OSD, press play and first nothing happens,
then a process from mplayer.sh starts, mplayer-child starts and last the picture in vdr stands still. (TV-Stream)
Killing VDR is only possible with kill -9 PID. After killing mplayer with -9 the mplayer - child becomes a zombie.

My System is Suse 8.0 2.4.18-4GB on a shuttle barebone with Athlon XP 1700+ and 256MB RAM.
VDR 1.1.29, MPlayer 0.9rc5 (also tried rc4), DVB 1.0.0pre2.
As mentioned, all other things work just fine.

With kind regards

Marc Lentwojt

Tilo Renkl schrieb:

Hi,

works just fine here. I use VDR 1.1.21, DVB 1.0.0, Mplayer 0.90.
I think Marc uses a non working mplayer.sh.

Tilo

Hi,

just read, that mplayer cannot work with actual dvb-drivers. i use vdr 1.1.29 and want to playback divx - movies over the dvb-card.
Can that work ?

Regards

Marc

Marc Lentwojt schrieb:

Hi everybody,

my vdr crashes as soon i want to play a divx-movie with the mplayer plugin.
Logfiles says: starting mplayer.sh, some debug-output from
the mplayer.sh

and then vdr stands still, so i have to reload runvdr after
kill -9 PID.

Any idea anybody ?

All other things like mp3 and so are working well.
Playing divx directly with mplayer works also well.

Kind regards

Marc