[vdr] Re: Which analog TV card?

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 06:43:33PM +0200, hm@seneca.muc.de wrote:
Hi,

sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I would like to get rid of my VHS
recorder and transfer some of my video tapes to digital. Playback should be
via my VDR e.g. using mplayer. Which Linux driver supported TV cards have a
composite video input? I would rather not use the HF route. Any other
caveats? TIA!
Why not simply use my

http://akool.bei.t-online.de/vdr/analogtv/download/vdr-analogtv- 0.9.14.tar.bz2

analogTV-plugin? This way you dont need mplayer!

You can use any bt848/bt878 grabber/TV card, i personally totally happy
with a (cheap) "Pinnacle Studio PCTV pro" using the build in s-video or
composite input. (Dont forget to buy a "stereo" card, and dont forget to
buy a soundcard too - you need it to record the sound!)
Hi!

Are the Pinnacle PCTV Pro still using bt8x8-chipset? I got a brand new Hauppauge Win-TV yesterday - and I found out quite fast that it wasn't supported since it used a chipset that was called cx23880 ... so I'm thinking of ordering a new card but I don't know which to buy ...

/Lars