[vdr] Re: Which analog TV card?

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 06:43:33PM +0200, hm@seneca.muc.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I would like to get rid of my VHS
> recorder and transfer some of my video tapes to digital. Playback should be
> via my VDR e.g. using mplayer. Which Linux driver supported TV cards have a
> composite video input? I would rather not  use the HF route. Any other
> caveats? TIA!

Why not simply use my

http://akool.bei.t-online.de/vdr/analogtv/download/vdr-analogtv-0.9.14.tar.bz2

analogTV-plugin? This way you dont need mplayer!

You can use any bt848/bt878 grabber/TV card, i personally totally happy
with a (cheap) "Pinnacle Studio PCTV pro" using the build in s-video or
composite input. (Dont forget to buy a "stereo" card, and dont forget to
buy a soundcard too - you need it to record the sound!)

Ciao,
Andreas
--
Andreas Kool (akool<nospam>@</nospam>gmx.de * http://akool.bei.t-online.de)