[vdr] Re: timer bug: Usage of channel ID inconsitend

Alexander Wetzel wrote:

> On Saturday 06 September 2003 22:17, you wrote:
> > Lauri Tischler wrote:
> > >
> > > Ummm...
> > > If VDR does not use them, then VDR should totally ignore them,
> > > value or no value.
> >
> > These fields are officially reserved for future use and, according to the
> > man page, shall be 0. If somebody sets them to non-zero values, they
> > should know what they are doing. You _can_ already make use of them, but
> > in that case you have to _consistently_ set them in channels.conf _and_
> > timers.conf.
> >
> > Klaus
>
> No, sorry you can't do that. After you restart VDR all timers will be gone.
> That was the inconsitence:-)

So are you saying that, if you have a channel in channels.conf with NID set
to some value other than 0, and use the respective channel id in timers.conf,
then if you start VDR it doesn't handle timers.conf correctly?
Now that would constitue a bug. Can you please send me (or post) one channels.conf
line and one timers.conf line which you expect to work, plus the logfile
message you get when starting VDR regarding errors in timers.conf?

> In my eyes the manpage is missleading:
> NID    The Network ID of this channel (for future use, currently always
> 0).
>
> Wouldn't it better to say: "for future use, must be 0"?

Well, from VDR's point of view it will never be set to anyting other
than 0. And from how it is implemented I would expect it to work, provided
channels and timers are consistent.

Let's wait and see what your test cases look like.

Klaus