[vdr] Re: VDR version 1.2.5pre1 pre-release

Olivier Jacques wrote:

> With a change introduced in 1.2.3 (not tested a new version until
> 1.2.5pre1),
> > - VDR now stops with exit status 2 if one of the configuration files
> can't be
> >  read correctly at program startup (suggested by Rainer Zocholl).
>
> When you have a DVBc setup, VDR still expects to have a diseqc.conf in
> the config directory.
> Not really annoying (you can just copy the sample diseqc.conf from the
> VDR directory), but I wondered why the VDR of my friend would not start
> anymore ;)

Since VDR now doesn't start any more if it can't read valid channel
and timer definitions, some files just _have_ to be there. At that early
state I didn't want to have to check whether or not DVB-S and/or DVB-C
or whatever devices are present, so I just made the diseqc.conf file
mandatory, too.

Klaus