[vdr] Re: OT: WaveFrontier dish and MultiSwitch

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 11:53:00 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

--snip -----

> For the multiswitch I'm torn between the "SPAUN SMS 9801 NF"
>
>    http://www.spaun.de/html/sms_9801_nf.html

I have this model since about one year, and have used it without any
problem with skystar2, novas, 1.6 and 2.1 cards.
Had a technician doing the install on the roof since I share the sat
setup with my neighbour (I use 4 of the 8 outputs) so I can't comment on
the LNB quality since I don't know the make/model.
The dish is 100 cm aluminium.
The setup is dual feed hotbird-astra, works without any problem with 5ms
waits between diseqc commands.

> and the "Technisat GigaSwitch 11/8"
>
>    http://www.technisat.de/de/produkte/produkteview.php?kid=40,41&pid=557
>
> From the information I was able to gather on the net, the SPAUN
> appears to be a lot more flexible than the Technisat, as it allows
> individual receivers to be directly routed to a specific LNB (which is
> important for connecting my Digibox, which doesn't support DiSEqC). Am
> I right about this, or did I just miss some info on the Technisat?
> Does anybody have personal experience with either of these - or would
> recommend a completely different one?
>
> Does anybody have hands on experience with the WaveFrontier dish?
> What would be the best LNBs to use with this one? I understand that
> they should be as narrow as possible to be able to mount them as
> close together as necessary for receiving neighboring sat positions,
> and also the connectors need to be mounted pointing downwards.
>
> Can anybody recommend a good and reliable internet shop where I can
> order these things? Possibly one which you already have made good
> experiences with ;-)

Can't help with the price because I bought
the bundle (parts, cables, roof install, tv antenna, masonry work etc.).

Mattia