[vdr] mp3-plugin: cdda playback and cd-device speed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastian Kemper" <Sebastian.Kemper@web.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 8:20 PM
Subject: [vdr] mp3-plugin: cdda playback and cd-device speed

> I'm wondering why my Toshiba SD-M1712 keeps spinning up and down while
> playing audio cds. It plays dvds at constant speed and is quit doing so,
> but when it comes to cdda it seems that the computer caches the
> cdda-data, like it reads some of it, spins down, spins up real fast and
> reads again and so forth.
>
> Is this because of the use of cdda, or because of my dvd-rom or anything
> else? I get a little freaky when it comes to these things so any help or
> suggestions are greatly appreciated.

hi sebastian!

i can remember that i had the same experience. cd-rom spinning down and then
up to full speed again. i use a pioneer 106s (i guess ;). it's a dvd-rom.

do you use ide-scsi emulation? i'll have to try the cd playback at home. and
i guess it's gone after i installed ide-scsi emu. but i can be wrong. i'll
keep you informed.

regards hannes!

Johannes Schöller
<schoeller@izeman.net>