[vdr] mp3-plugin: cdda playback and cd-device speed

Hello,

I'm wondering why my Toshiba SD-M1712 keeps spinning up and down while playing audio cds. It plays dvds at constant speed and is quit doing so, but when it comes to cdda it seems that the computer caches the cdda-data, like it reads some of it, spins down, spins up real fast and reads again and so forth.

Is this because of the use of cdda, or because of my dvd-rom or anything else? I get a little freaky when it comes to these things so any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sebastian