[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.1 plugin

At Montag, 8. September 2003 12:20 Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Well, the define "VIDEODIR" seems to be empty. I recall, that I had to
> copy "make.config.template" to "make.config" and adjust a few variables
> (e. g. BINDIR, MANDIR) to suit my needs.
>
> "make.config" redefines "VIDEODIR" and then, the plugin uses the
> documented locations correctly :-)
>
> @Klaus Schmidinger:
> Could you please export the variable VIDEODIR, so that the sub makefiles
> see them. At the moment, I use "make.config" for that, but it should also
> work, if people do not use "make.config" at all (as in this case).

I think you should rather use the global variable VideoDir, since that is
the one configurable via command line. I've also tripped into this, because
I thought your PlugIn would use /video0/xine when I gave -v /video0 on
cmdline. VIDEODIR is a preprocessor-define that marks the default :-))

Greetings,
Sascha