[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.1 plugin

Ah, I'd just written a big long mail about what I've done so far, and taken
all your suggestions, but concluded that it still didn't work..

Then I thought about 'strace' .... and after issuing 'strace -p17022' (the
transfer thread...)

I saw lots of..

open("/xine/device0.vdr", O_WRONLY|O_NONBLOCK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or

So, I made symlinks between /video/xine/device* and there, restarted the 'cat'
process and the ./vdr -Pxine, and suddenly loads of MPEG data started to spew
up the screen :))))

Needless to say I can't wait to get home and try this later!

Cheers,
Gavin.