[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.1 plugin

Hi,

Gavin Hamill wrote:

I've released the first version a few minutes ago. See

	http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.0.1.tgz
Ooh you star :)

Can I be the first to request tech support on it? ;)
Shure.

I've checked out xine-ui and xine-lib as suggested, and patched, compiled and installed successfully...
Fine.

I've been able to play one of the "1.vdr" recordings directly from my /video directly and that's worked fine...
So MPEG-PES seems to work.

So, running VDR 1.2.2 with ./vdr -Pxine and then doing

$ xine vdr:/video/xine/device0.vdr#demux:mpeg_pes

results in xine's diagnostic startup followed by nothing :( I can't even rightclick on the video window or see the mouse...
The problem might be (as mentioned in INSTALL), that VDR is running in remote teach mode. I'll supply my remote.conf in the evening, maybe you can get it work then.

Please try

cat /video/xine/device0.vdr

If you see some garbage appear on the console, then my device forwards the data from VDR to xine. If it does not, then there is something wrong.

Please try the above command before you start VDR, because when VDR is in teach mode, there is no need for the plugin to transfer a lot of data and therefore you might not see anything on console if you start the two programs (cat and VDR) in the wrong order.

Isn't there a timeout after which VDR aborts teach mode and falls back to "normal" operation (e. g. transfer a live picture)?

Are there any people on the ML, that are familar with mpegtools? Can anybody supply me with an MPEG-PES stream, that only shows the VDR logo (or something similar) as a stillframe? I need this to have a stream running when VDR is e. g. in teach mode, so that the OSD gets visible.

In the VDR log I see:

Sep 8 00:54:12 eddie vdr[3110]: ERROR (transfer.c,108): No such file or directory
Did you create all four fifos? I haven't checked yet what happens, when they do not exist. At the moment, four instances of the device are created and they try to open the four fifos over and over again.

[ snip ]

Any pointers warmly appreciated - and thanks for all your efforts, I'm sure they'll look wonderful once I get it running! ;)
I hope you like it, although there are a lot of things to improve, mostly in interfacing xine.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de