[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.1 plugin

Hi,

looks like you made the next quantum leap for vdr :-)

soft-primary-device

but i have some trouble really understanding what is happening
after these steps:
cvs-checkout
patching xine
compiling xine-lib xine-ui
making device nodes
compiling vdr plugin (into a typical, running, normal vdr system)
?
?
?

what is missing is this:
for normal tester which have a primary device (your potential
testers) what is needed to see a result, if one had an already
running system and did not fail to compile.

-i expect one needs X (yes its clear but not mentioned, i'm an
mplayer user, so X was only an option, TV-OUT worked better without)
-and one needs to switch vdr's primary device to the number assigned
to the new xine-plugin device, ok is that all, did i guess right ?

if so i will start as soon as the cvs checkout is done, and
in the meantime i will attach a monitor to my vdr box, and
configure X for my ATI card...

Regards Onno

P.S. if this works it will explode to something big
just imagine the VIA-Epia stuff, CLE266 and alike....

Reinhard Nissl schrieb:

Hi,

Gavin Hamill wrote:

I've released the first version a few minutes ago. See

    http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.0.1.tgz

Ooh you star :)