[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.1 plugin

Hi,

Onno wrote:

looks like you made the next quantum leap for vdr :-)
Please do not expect a "quantum leap" from release 0.0.1 ;-)

soft-primary-device

but i have some trouble really understanding what is happening
after these steps:
cvs-checkout
patching xine
compiling xine-lib xine-ui
making device nodes
compiling vdr plugin (into a typical, running, normal vdr system)
Please explain more precisely, where INSTALL lacks some information, like you did below.

what is missing is this:
for normal tester which have a primary device (your potential
testers) what is needed to see a result, if one had an already
running system and did not fail to compile.
Ok, this will be mentioned in a later release of INSTALL.

-i expect one needs X (yes its clear but not mentioned, i'm an
mplayer user, so X was only an option, TV-OUT worked better without)
Well, X11 should not be a requirement (ok, at the moment, it links against X11, but a later cleanup will drop that). You can also use fbxine (I'm not shure, if I recall it correctly) for accessing a framebuffer without X11.

-and one needs to switch vdr's primary device to the number assigned
to the new xine-plugin device, ok is that all, did i guess right ?
You are right.

if so i will start as soon as the cvs checkout is done, and
in the meantime i will attach a monitor to my vdr box, and
configure X for my ATI card...
Well, no need for X11 if you know how to use fbxine (I haven't tried it yet).

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de