[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.1 plugin

Am Mon, 2003-09-08 um 00.36 schrieb Reinhard Nissl:

> For a future version, I'd like to supply the OSD as part of the MPEG
> stream (e. g. like DVD menues). At the moment its the opposite: MPEG
> stream as part of the VDR stream.
>
> Other people have already been working on a similar plugin, but none
> of them has either announced nor supplied a plugin to the community.
> Maybe, we can join our efforts to release a very versatile plugin
> soon.

I've posted SE-suggestions several times in the last two years. So I'll
repeat it again:

					|-----------------------|
					|  |-----------------|  |
cRemote --------------------------------|--| command-channel |	|
					|  |-----------------|  |
					|			|
					|     RTSP-INTERFACE	|
					|			|
					|  |----------------|	|
cOSD -- OSD2SPU-encoder -|		|  |		    |   |
      (from DXR3-plugin) |		|  |		    |	|
			 |- TS-remuxer -|--|  data-channel  |	|
					|			|

This would be a generic solution working with each media-player
supporting RTSP, TS-stream, MPEG1/2 and SPU. Other A/V-formats/streams
could also be embedded into the TS making VDR capable to handle them.